Drapery Consultations + Samples
In-Person and virtual consultations, installations, and samples are non-refundable. Should you need a larger piece please order by the yard here.
Custom Made Products
Since we custom make every drapery panel, roller-shade, valance, bedding, pillow, roman shade, and shower curtain to fit your style and measurements, these items may not be returned or exchanged.
We encourage clients to double-check their custom specifications before confirming their order. Due to the custom nature of your order, it is essential to note that items cannot be returned or exchanged unless defective or damaged upon receipt.
Clients have the flexibility to make an initial deposit of 75% of the total balance, plus any applicable credit card processing fees. The remaining balance is due in full no later than two weeks prior to the confirmed installation date. Failure to meet this payment deadline will result in a delay of your installation by up to two additional weeks, depending on our current workload. These terms are non-negotiable.
Back-Ordered Fabric and Hardware
In the event that fabric or hardware is back-ordered, clients will be notified within 24 hours along with an estimated arrival date. If you choose not to proceed with the back-ordered items, a refund will be issued for the amount paid, less the 2.9% +.30 credit card processing fee. We use Stripe.com to process payments on elainethomasinteriors.com.
Fabric and Hardware (Returns)
All sales are final on cut fabric and lining. There is a 25% restocking fee for unopened hardware that has been returned within 14-days. Opened hardware packaging is non-returnable.
Water Stains Some fabrics are prone to show water stains, therefore avoid steam and other liquid sources.
Natural Fibers Inconsistencies in quality, surface appearance, and texture are inherent characteristics of natural linens and linen blends and are part of the beauty of the fabric and must not be considered defects.
Since linen, cotton, and line blends, as well as other vegetable fibers such as flax and hemp, are very absorbent, the fibers will react to humidity in the air and may have a tendency to shrink and stretch as the seasons change.
Linen is made from the fiber of the flax plant. It is highly absorbent and durable and is one of the strongest natural fibers with two to three times the strength of cotton. However, linen has poor elasticity and does not spring back readily, making it prone to wrinkles and creases.
Cotton is a very strong fiber and stands up to abrasion to wear very well. Cotton is also an absorbent fiber, but not very resilient and therefore prone to wrinkles. As cotton can withstand relatively high heat, ironing easily smooths wrinkles. Steam should be avoided to prevent shrinkage.
Velvet may show variations in color, texture, and hand with the intention to create a more luxurious appearance and should not be considered faulty in any way. The yarns in any pile fabric such as chenille, velvet and microfiber suede will flatten and move creating irregular surface appearance and texture.
These surface variations are the nature of the fabric and should not be considered faulty or defective. Pile distortion alters the angle of light reflection producing more obvious areas where the fabric has moved creating an appearance of shading or napping. Pile fabrics created using shiny yarns such as rayon or viscose further amplify light reflection and create even more obvious areas of light and dark patches.
Velvet has a high abrasion resistance but are often not resilient to moisture from spillage or perspiration. This, in combination with pressure from sitting (including stocking & bare feet), may cause marking and shading as the pile crushes.
Regardless of how carefully all velvets and chenilles are transported, handled and used some pile crushing and matting will occur and is impossible to avoid. The best way to care for fabrics with a pile is with regular vacuuming.
**Note: Unpack your products immediately upon receipt and store horizontally to prevent damage.
Online Orders: The fabric color may slightly vary due to photographic lighting sources or your screen/monitor settings. It’s best to purchase a sample if you’re unsure.
Please note that for drapery panels exceeding 180 inches in height, there is a natural tendency for the material to fan out or flare at the bottom. This effect occurs due to the distance from the header and the weight distribution of the fabric. While we strive for the highest quality in design and craftsmanship, this characteristic is an inherent aspect of longer drapery panels.
- Customer’s Responsibility for Removal: Please remove any existing drapery and hardware that is being replaced before our installation team arrives. This step is crucial for a quick and efficient installation process.
- Disposal of Old Hardware: After removing your old drapery and hardware, it is your responsibility to dispose of these items. We recommend following local guidelines for recycling or disposal.
- Customer’s Responsibility for Furniture: Prior to our installation team’s arrival, please move any furniture or obstructions away from the installation area. This is necessary to provide a safe and accessible workspace for our installers. After installation, the responsibility of moving and rearranging the furniture back to its original place rests with you.
- Disposal of Packaging for New Hardware: To ease your experience, our team will remove and dispose of any boxes or packaging materials for the new hardware purchased through us.
- Hiring Installers for Additional Hangings: Upon the arrival of our installers for your drapery installation, you have the opportunity to discuss additional hanging needs you may have. This includes services such as hanging pre-purchased curtains from elsewhere, art, blinds, shower curtains, and similar items. Our team is equipped to assist with these tasks, ensuring a cohesive and professional finish to all your hanging needs. Feel free to inquire about these additional services during their visit.
By preparing your space according to these guidelines, you help us provide a seamless and effective installation service. Should you have any questions or require assistance, please feel free to contact us.
All content provided on elainethomasinteriors.com is for informational purposes only. The owner of this blog makes no representations as to the accuracy or completeness of any information on this site or found by following any link on this site.
The owner of elainethomasinteriors.com will not be liable for any errors or omissions in this information nor for the availability of this information. The owner will not be liable for any losses, injuries, or damages from the display or use of this information.
These terms and conditions are subject to change at any time with or without notice.